Infestations that are severe or widespread and partly inaccessible can only be eliminated using whole-structure treatment. Fumigation!
Advantages of fumigation:
- Broad spectrum control. The most commonly used fumigants are toxic to all forms of life (e.g., insects, mammals, birds, etc.); thus it is possible to control all pests within a building using one treatment – Fumigation!
- Speed of control. Fumigation can be the most rapid method for controlling an infestation.
- Pest control in inaccessible areas. Fumigation can kill pests in areas inaccessible to typical contact and residual pesticides.
- Cost. In some instances, it is less expensive to fumigate than conduct repeated treatments of other types of pesticides.
- Pest elimination. Fumigants are used where the pest threshold for the product or living environment requires “zero pest tolerance.”